Now that you chaps have been kind enough to help me sort out the Wibstats statistics plugin, the time has come to share the love. So I’ve released the plugin for anyone to use on the wpmudev.org website. See the details here:
Blog statistics for WordPress Multi-User
I really am most grateful to you all for your patience and help while I built this thing. Of course, any future developments (new reports and graphs, anyone?) will be released to you first. And if anyone still has problems with the system, please let me know and I’ll try to sort it out.
Well, I pulled a late one last night and got some reports done. You can now see on the front page (just go into your Dashboard and click ‘Blog statistics’):
- Unique visitors and number of pages viewed ever, in the last 28 days, in the last 7 days, in the last 24 hours
- Number of visitors and pages viewed each day for the last 14 days (with a little barchart!)
- Last 10 search words which brought people to your Wiblog
- 10 most popular search words
- Last 10 visitor locations (country and city)
- 10 most popular visitor locations (country)
- 10 most popular pages viewed
- 10 most popular platforms (that’s the visitors operating system, like Windows, or something much better like Linux)
- 10 most popular browser
- 10 most popular screen sizes
And then you can click some lovely links to view:
- The last 100 search words used and which page the searcher arrived at on your Wiblog
- The top 100 most popular search words which brought people to your Wiblog
- The last 100 visitor locations (country and city)
- The top 100 most popular visitor locations (country)
- And the top 100 most popular pages
I know some people will ask so I’ll answer your question now: sorry, no flags (yet).
Anyway, have fun. My grateful thanks go to the clever chaps at hostip.info for their geolocation API. I’ll let them know we’re the people hitting their servers several times per second, and hopefully they’ll allow us to keep getting that lovely geolocation information.
It’s been quite a while since I said I would write a new statistics package for all Wiblogs, but I’ve finally started. In fact the plugin is installed and is currently gathering information about visitors.
You can’t se any reports yet as basically I haven’t written that part. However that’s the (relatively) easy bit. And as we save all manner of information – browser, operating system, screen size, search words etc – there’s a million and one ways to slice the information, so I should be able to do some interesting reports for you.
One new little bit of information being saved is the city of the visitor, as well as their country. However the city is pretty flaky, so don’t expect it to be 100% correct. Still, it’s interesting.
Right, must dash. This code won’t write itself.